Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Mama Quilt for Kristi

As I mentioned previously, there are soon to be several new babies in my future. This weekend I again traveled north to shower my good friend Kristi with gifts for the anticipated bundle o' joy.

As with Diana, I endeavored to make a mama quilt for the occasion. This time though, I didn't need to employ the sneaky spy skills of my friends to discover Kristi's tastes as she had already told me she was gung-ho for pink and brown. Seeing as that color combination is very "in" at the moment, it was more than enough to go on for me. In no time I had chosen my fabrics and stumbled upon the perfect pattern. Like Kristi it was organized and well put together (but not at all boring), and when combined with the feminine, bright, and trendy fabrics, the overall result felt perfectly representative of Kristi to me.

I finished it with a bit of extra hand-quilting (I just couldn't resist all those big, blank spaces) and was quite happy with the final result. When I was finally able to give the quilt to Kristi this weekend (I've had it done forever) I was touched to see she was a little emotional. I guess I must've gotten it right!


Click to enlarge the image and check out the hand-quilting!

4 comments:

The Norris Clan said...

It was beautiful! And yes, she was emotional! She told me later that night it almost made her cry :-) I loved seeing you this weekend... let's do it again soon.

Emily said...

It's beautiful! I wish I could borrow it for a little snuggle.

Brian Bowker said...

"Got it right" is a gross understatement! Thanks for doing this, Anne Marie!

Unknown said...

What a stunning quilt! You really have such an artistic eye.