Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm Going to Turkey!!

Hello dear readers!!

I know it has been unforgivably long since I last posted anything of substance, and for that I apologize. But it is with great excitement that I am (belatedly) happy to tell you that I have the incredible opportunity to travel in Turkey for 10 days!!

Here's the scoop: Mars Hill Church (my new church home in Seattle) is taking a group of folks from all over the world (172 of us, to be precise) on an expeditions tour of the seven churches of Revelation (See Revelation 1-3.) The apostle John wrote seven letters to the early Christian churches at the time to both encourage and discipline them. We will be seeing a number of the early churches as well as studying both the biblical history and the accompanying scripture (mostly the book of Ephesians and Revelation 1-3).

We will be spending the first week in Izmir, using the city as our hub as we venture to a new site each day. For the final three days we will travel to Istanbul and explore the enchanting metropolis.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be traveling again and on the precipice of sharing my new adventures with you, dear reader. While this won't be quite the same type of free-styled adventure I had in Italy, I'm confident the experiences will be no less memorable. My hope is to post daily and share my Turkish adventures as they unfold. (My secret hope is that I can easily fall back into the habit of blogging again and not have another year-long radio silence...heh heh. But we'll just have to see how that goes.)

So stay tuned! There is more to come - beginning with a day-long lay-over adventure in Chicago...

4 comments:

Andrea said...

So amazing Lanne....can't wait to here ALL about it. Wow!

Brian Bowker said...

Hooray!

egreely said...

Hope you had a great day in Chicago yesterday and have safely arrived in Turkey! (Exciting!) Phil and I were thinking of you on the plane as we walked up to QFC last night after dinner! Can't wait to read more throughout the week of your adventures.

The Norris Clan said...

Yeah!! SOOO excited to read your adventures and live through you again! Turkey should be amazing, especially since you will have a very knowledgeable guide, I'm sure. Can't wait!