Friday, December 11, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!

I'm pleased to announce that Mark and Monica's wee little bun in the oven is a GIRL!!

They had previously decided that this was going to be their last attempt at a girl, and especially in light of everything that has happened with my mom, I'm sure it wouldn't surprise you to learn that when I heard the news, I immediately began to sob in joy. (Quite embarrassing, as I was in a little sandwich cafe at the time, but oh well.)

I can honestly say, I've never been so happy and so sad, simultaneously. Of course, this news doesn't actually change anything: Mom still won't be here to know and love this new baby. But it is truly heartening to me to know that God still has a wonderful and loving plan. He knew before we did, just how much is would mean to have a baby girl in the family right now. Not three years ago when we first met Gracen, not (presumably) years from now when I have children, but Right. Now.

God knew far in advance that right now, this would be the time for a girl. That this would be a balm for our hearts. That NOW was the perfect time to say Yes to the dearest wish of our hearts. And for that, I am grateful.

In the mean time, you may prepare yourself to greet our newest family member in late May, by the name of Miss Julia Jane (after my mom, of course!).

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats, Anne Marie! What a blessing. What a sweet little name too. She will be blessed to have you for an auntie. :)

Brian Bowker said...

Congrats to your peeps!

(May is the best month to have a birthday too.)

Cory Ferens said...

So exciting! Congrats to the whole fam

Andi said...

woohoo!!! It's a girl!!! So happy, so happy! And I LOVE the name! I mean...wow! Rolls off the tounge.