Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Future Hall-of-Famers

Last weekend while I was home for Mother's Day, I had the opportunity to put in some quality time with my two nephews. Man am I proud of those guys! Every time I come home, I can't believe how big they are, how smart they are, and what super cool little people they're becoming!!

Austin has just turned 10 and already has his baseball career off to a great start. Not only did he do a great job pitching in a game the previous week I visited, but he also told me this week that his coach said he has the most hits on the team!! My heart was beaming. I'm sure he'll be the next Edgar Martinez (although, hopefully he'll be a little faster than 'Gar!)

We also firmed up our plans for summer 2014. This is the summer Austin will be 16 and he and I (and Mark, if we decide he can come...) will be hitting the road to attend a game at every MLB ballpark. Priceless. (Remember that old Mastercard commercial? That might be where I got the idea...) It's possible we'll only hit up the West Coast our first time out, but you get the idea. I honestly don't know who is more excited: me or Austin.

Now Gracen may only be 1 point 5 years old, but he's not one to be left out of the fun (and dang if he's not the cutest kid). I'm amazed at the new tricks he comes up with every time I'm home. From learning sign language, to being obsessed with turning the vacuum on, to showing me how a catcher stands, to high and low fives...it's so cool. And if you think he's not watching everything his older brother is doing - think again. Check out this little video...the kid learned to swing a bat, and he's not too shabby.

Thanks Mark and Monica for so generously sharing your family with me - I couldn't be a more proud Auntie or God Mother!!

2 comments:

Brian Bowker said...

That video is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh, those kids are INcredible!


They are so lucky to have an auntie like you though.

--Your big bro!