Monday, August 4, 2008

Step Two: Rent House

The second step in my plan to take over the world...oh wait - wrong blog. The second step in my crazy plan to turn my life upside down and embrace some "growth" (thanks Brett) is to rent out the good ol' casa de Champoux. I can't very well pay my mortgage and be fancy free (not to mention footloose) in Italia simultaneously. Thus, finding renters is a must.

Now after the obnoxious and less-than-awesome nine month process it took to sell the bug last year, I have been a bit weary about embracing this whole "renting thing". Especially because there is a very real deadline in which I have to meet; renting the house is absolutely pivotal in my cuckoo plan actually coming to fruition.

Fortunately for me, my good friends the Bedients have recently become landlords themselves and have been a great resource of information (not to mention a reassurance that it can be done) for me. As it turned out, while I was tapping into said resource, Diana mentioned that our old friends the Pfriems would soon be moving back to Bellingham. Perhaps they would be interested in renting??

Brilliant! Spot on! Good show old chap!! (sorry - went British there for a sec) What a great idea! After a few phone calls (thanks Andi!) I learned the rumor was not only true, but they were still in need of a place to live. Woo hoo!!

Long story short - after lots of pictures, a two hour tour (anyone else hear the theme song to Gilligan's Island in their head right there?), still more pictures and a second brief tour - the Pfriem's signed a one year lease!! Move in day is set for August 27th.

As if that wasn't easy enough, the Terps have also agreed to be my property managers while I'm gone. Wow. Can you say ridiculously cool? I still can't believe how perfectly it has all come together. Talk about the exact opposite experience of selling my car. If I needed any more confirmation from the Lord that this was the direction in which I should be moving, I guess I just got it. :)

P.S. HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!

(okay, I'm fine now.)

4 comments:

Brian Bowker said...

Not only all that, but based on your picture you also bought back your bug and drastically pruned all the bushes in your front yard! Wow!

Ok, in all seriousness, That's really cool to see your plan coming together. Wait, no, that's wrong... Actually it sucks. Big time!

Does this mean you're actually leaving?? We were hoping this was just a phase you'd grow out of...!

Tina said...

Hey maybe you could take a little tour of Clarkston, WA when you get back from Italy. It's almost as cool.

diana said...

My name made it...I feel really cool. Im so glad that it worked out! Great house for them and great situation for you! Wohoo!

Annie Pfriem said...

Um, yeah....I'm going to need another tour and a couple more pictures...

Ha! Just kidding....thanks for putting up with your new ridiculously anal renter....but hey, if I'm anal that means I'm clean too, right?

All Jokes aside...we feel it is an incredible answer to our prayers also...so great that God is in the whole "mutual blessings" business!

We are excited that we can be apart of your new journey!

Take care,

Annie Pfriem

P.S. Andi sent me a link to your blog...