Friday, August 1, 2008

Keens that Click!

Just when I thought you couldn't get any better...you go and do something like this: and totally out-do yourself!


Keens are super cool. They're sandals taken to the next level. They're water shoes without being 1980s acqua sox. They're light on your feet, they don't make your dogs bark, and after miles of wear they don't stink! They've got a nice tread and a rubber toe that comfortingly reminds you that you can rough house in them and not regret it later. You can wear them in the water or in the mud - heck! You can throw 'em in the washer. These shoes rock.



And they've just taken them to the next level.

This summer Keen came out with a version of it's most popular shoe that is SPD compatible. For all of you out there that aren't bike geeks, it means that they have cleats that attach to the bottom of the shoe so that road and mountain bikers alike can click their shiny new shoes into their pedals and enjoy a summer of fun in style. Seriously - it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can't get over it.

Actually, what I can't get over is that last summer I tried talking both Brian and Nick into manufacturing me this exact concept!! I thought for sure one of these two extra brilliant bike geniuses could jerry-rigg (sp?) a set of cleats onto my favorite sandals...but no such luck. It figures I would have a brillant idea moments before it goes public. I'm gonna have to start writing these things down...

No comments: