Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Whole Time...

Unfortunately for me, my good friend/super kewl co-worker Danielle has moved on to "greener pastures" (read: Seattle) and is no longer my daily co-conspirator in all things kooky and hilarious at the office. While I understand that one has to pick up and move on from time to time (heck! I'm going to Italy!), doesn't mean I won't miss my friend.

So here's to you Danielle "my-name-should-really-be-Stephanie-Plum" Kale. You're sense of humor never ceases to entertain me. You're not only one of my all-time favorite story tellers (man - some weird stuff happens to you) but your off-the-cuff remarks always keep me ceaselessly giggling. You are the betrother of copious amounts of nicknames and quite the celeatious gossip reporter (how would I know what Britney was up to without you??). You will always be the one who introduced me to pho, with which I am now destined to have a life-long love affair. Together we co-founded of The Finer Things club with our 60 year old semi-hippie, semi-scruffy, living personification of Pig Pen, maintenance dude Pete and discussed Wuthering Heights and One for the Money. You were always game to skip the gym and go consignment shopping with me at lunch instead (always a good decision). And of course, you escourted me on my inaugural visit to The Beaver Inn and taught me all about the wonderful delight of pub pickles. For that I am truly indebted.

Thanks for the good times and much hilarity. We miss you around here, man.

(Besides, who else is going to tell Marc, "Yo' butt look gooooood!"??)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you AM for leaving such a nice blog about me. I am truly touched. I also applaud you for all of things that you taught me. I know your new life adventure is going to be amazing and i am so jealous.