Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Beav

You're right: this IS a crappy picture. And no, it's not blurry due to inebriated operator malfunction. Combine the low light of the slightly seedy Beaver Inn with no flash and this is what you get (using the flash washed our our über-cool temporary Beaver tattoos). But Holly and I felt it was necessary to commemorate my very first encounter with a prairie fire. If you haven't ever had one of these...wow. Fun stuff. It's tabasco and tequila. In a shot. And that's it. That's. It.

Needless to say, it makes you want to do a fire-breathing dragon impression at the end. It's a drink for only the brave. (Let's put it this way: it's James Aries' worst nightmare.) And I'm proud to say I downed it like a man. No couging or sputtering here.

For us, it capped off an evening of drinks out with the girls. First pizza and Hard Mike's, then Poppe's, then the grand finale at the Beav. (I'd put a countdown timer in this post marking the seconds until my second encounter with this, well, hot little shot...but that might be going a little countdown timer crazy.)


1 comment:

Shannon said...

hmmm, I don't think I'll be trying one of those soon, although early in the pregnancy tabasco was a strong craving, not so much tequila- good thing. Anyways, thanks for your nice comment, I really appreciate it a lot and have been enjoying playing around with my camera and editing- a fun new hobby. I have to say, I didn't think you were updating your blog at all because my reader hasn't been picking it up, however, I fixed it so I'll be checking in more often.
Keep 'em coming!