Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hawk Fan Update

Guess what I found in the boys section at Value Village for $2.99?? That's right baby, I'm legit.


Alexander may not be my favorite player ever (if memory serves, he left the Seahawks as a bit of a whiny baby), but he pretty much served his entire career here and if I'm not mistaken, had an absolutely redonkulous amount of running yards during his Seattle tour. Plus, he was a pretty awesome dude. I'll take it. (And dream of a Tatupu or Houz jersey in days to come...)

In my pursuit to be a more educated Hawks fan I discovered two blogs - perhaps you too will find them worth your time (can also be found on the sidebar under Sports Blogs):

The first is the Times blog: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/index.html. I don't have high hopes for this one other than as a reliable source for Seahawks related news. I doubt the analytics will be worth shaking a stick at. I read the equivalent blog for the M's and it serves its purpose.

The second looks like it may have potential for actual thoughtful output. At least, that's his self-proclaimed reason for existence, so one can only hope. Plus, he actually references statistics. Hot dog!! http://hawkblogger.blogspot.com/

Lastly, as my brother was kind enough to point out in the comments of the previous Seahawks post, "offsides" only refers to when the defense crosses the line of scrimmage prematurely. It's a false start when the offense does it. Same action, different term. Got it.

See? It's stuff like this you guys gotta tell me so I don't sound like an idiot. Thanks Mark. Don't worry, we can all learn how to love football together. :)

1 comment:

The Terps said...

Nicely done, and welcome to the club.