Wednesday, January 21, 2009

THE Date

So I know you're all waiting with bated breath to find out how my first blind date was, but unfortunately it was neither a huge disaster, nor magically fairytale-esque. I know, disappointing, huh?

Instead it was a typical date. Now don't get me wrong - I had a fun time and it was an extremely positive first blind date but, well, you know how I like to tell a story...and when it comes to recounting this date as a story, well, there's just not much to tell.

We ate at the Crab Pot in downtown Seattle on the Pier (which I highly recommend, by the way: excellent food you get to attack with your hands, rolls of paper towels at the table, and a huge bowl on the ground to throw all your scraps in - what could be better?) and enjoyed good conversation over the cracking of crab shells. We laughed quite a bit, which I of course enjoyed immensely, but then I am pretty funny, so....

After which we made our way down the street to a little jazzy bar and listened to the band over a few drinks. It was more difficult to have "quality" conversation as it was pretty loud, but we each polished off two drinks before we called it a night. At that point we hugged good-night and went our separate ways.

See? I told you: a good night, but not a very good story.

3 comments:

Cory Ferens said...

so will you see him again? sounds like it was fun at least...

Anne Marie said...

Sure, I'd go out with him again, but it definitely wasn't a "love connection"...

Emily said...

I just found your blog, Bellingham-friend! Thanks for letting me "listen in" to your exciting life. :)

Finger food on a first date is awesome. Love connection or not, at least you set a precedent for fun-ness.