Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Being Set-Up...

...on a blind date, that is.

And the truth is, I'm not even that nervous about it. I thought I would be (it being my first blind date and all), but after traveling alone in Italy, it's like...meh. That was WAY scarier than meeting a new person for the first time. Besides I met all kinds of new people in Italy - and technically - went on dates with them. Granted, those weren't blind dates. But still. This should be a breeze by comparison....right?

Anyone have any good (or bad) blind date stories to share with the class??

4 comments:

The Norris Clan said...

Don't eat salad... you are bound to get the piece of lettuce that wasn't cut up all the way and it will fall off the fork, end up hanging out of your mouth, leaving you looking silly. Take it from me... don't do it.

Amanda: said...

I was on a blind date once (the only blind date I've ever been on) and the guy took me to a scary movie. I was 18, the movie was Scream. I don't do scary movies well, and ended up dumping my popcorn AND drink all over him. We'd gotten larges, of course. It was the first and last date with him.

Lesson: Don't go to scary movies on a blind date if you don't know the guy well. Haha!

Brian Bowker said...

I went on a blind date once. It was to take a friend's friend to a dance after her boyfriend dumped her the day before. So technically, it was a blind pity date.

She was nice and we were friends for years after that.

My parents also met on a blind date.

I guess I don't have very exciting blind date stories.

Anne Marie said...

No salad, no scary movies - check!

Brian, your parents met on a blind date!?! That's crazy - I didn't think that kind of thing really happened.