Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Down and Out

What I neglected to mention in my final NY post was that after our delightful Thai dinner, I came down with a serious case of the chills. Despite wearing all my clothes and my puffy coat under all my blankets in bed, I was still cold. I was definitely coming down with something.

Unfortunately the next morning was a travel day, so not much was to be done about it. So I made my way to Chinatown to the Fung Wah bus terminal to catch a $15, 4 hour ride to Boston. Then it was only a subway ride, a bus transfer and a one block walk until I checked into my hostel.

And I've pretty much been in bed ever since. Yesterday (when I arrived) was pretty much a horrible night (alternating between sweats and chills in random fits of sleep), but waking up this morning has been much better. I had saved my last dose of cold medicine for the morning so that I would have a glimmer of hope of surviving outdoors (did I mention it snowed 8 inches last night?). Fortunately for me, that plan worked out and the meds have been helping significantly (and I made it to the store and back, no problem). Unfortunately, I burned through a whole day here and haven't seen or done anything yet. Fortunately my dad set me up with another contact and he has generously offered to take the day off work to show me what is so awesome about Boston.

So tomorrow should be a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning, young love. so sorry to hear you are not feeling well...but new snow is always beautiful. I hope you enjoy your day with Bean Town...i have always enjoyed my visits there. Do you have snow shoes with you? How was the bus ride...any good sight seeing? Love you.

Brian Bowker said...

Hope that doesn't last - sounds kinda like mild food poisoning.

Andi said...

Chills! Oh my! I'm glad you went to the store to get more. As I read through your blog, I was saying to myself: Go get more meds Poux....go get more meds while you are up and about Poux!" And you did! Good girl! Am excited to read about Boston. Supposed to be a good one...big city but not too overwhelming like NYC. Plus James Choe LOVES it there...so it's gotta be good! Love you and travel safe.