Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Love Craig and his List

I've had two extremely successful purchases on Craigslist lately and both of them have resulted in getting my family members on a bike.

The first purchase was a kiddie trailer so we can tow little Gracen along with us when we go on bike rides. The idea being that since Monica, my mom and I are all around during the day - why not exercise together? We have yet to take the inaugural ride (largely due to the rain) - but rest assured, I'll post about it in all it's adorable glory as soon as we do.

The second purchase was a bike for my mom. Now that she's finally made it out of the woods with her stent surgery, she's on to the world of rehab. I thought biking would be a great way to spice up those otherwise monotonous routines a bit, so this bike has been a fun challenge. Or at least, I think so. At the moment, my mom has a hate/tolerate relationship with it, but it's growing on her. Right now working out it hard and we all know that translates as no fun. But as she gets stronger, my hope is that so will her love for the bike.

I was able to find her a comfort ride hybrid. The idea being that it sits a little more upright and would therefore be easier on her back and more comfortable. This does not, however stop her from complaining about her bum. Frankly, I have no sympathy for her on that end (heh). It's just part of the ride. In any case, with her extremely erect posture, I can't help but mutter the little ditty from the Wizard of Oz when I see her pedaling by....doot do-doot duh-do-doot!

3 comments:

Brian Bowker said...

Good call on the Specialized Crossroads! What a fantastic bike - My Mom and Dad both ride them!

Anne Marie said...

Couldn't have done it without your fantastic (and oh so reliable!) recommendation, so thank YOU!

Mary Kahler said...

I am LOVING the Janie on a Bike look. Nice work!