Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rest & Relaxation

I took a break last week from my regularly grueling schedule of job hunting, making quilts, and hanging out with my fam to put in a little R & R time. I know it's tempting to think my life is nothing but R & R time right now (and I wouldn't blame you for the assumption), but it's really not. Between constantly crawling Craigslist and Monster, putting together quilt projects with my mom, going to my nephew's little league games, constantly oscillating between "Do I want a job?" and "Augh, I need a job now," and spending QT at my mom's, my dad's, and my brother's houses - it's all quite exhausting. (Not that I'm complaining either...)

Anyway, the point being, I was ready for a little ME time - away from the responsibilites of financial stability and grown-up-hood. But that's kind of hard to do when you've got $0 in your disposable income budget.

Hard, but not impossible.

So I hopped in my car, drove 100 miles north and spend two days at a vacation condo my family owns a part of in Ferndale. I know what you're thinking - "vacation in Ferndale" doesn't make much sense, but it's a nice little retro condo right on the water and best of all - no one else lives there. It was just me and my bad self. And at the end of the day, that's all I was looking for.

No comments: