Thursday, November 5, 2009

Insert Enormous Sigh Here

So, the plot thickens. Yesterday I spent a really great day with my mom in the hospital (of which I will blog about later today and share the details). When I got home I discovered that someone had broken into my mom's house. I know, right - could this possibly come at a worse time? Whoever it was tossed a bunch of my mom's stuff like they were looking for something (which makes no sense). Her clothes are everywhere, her bed is all cattywompus, they pulled out crap all through her bathroom and her closet. The sewing room is somewhat trashed and I know for sure the computer and her expensive jewelry is all gone. We're not sure what else yet, but needless to say, I'll be doing my best to figure all this crap out today.

The idiot burglars were smart enough to come through the back and to find some of her expensive things, but they were dumb enough to leave her purse on the kitchen counter complete with cash, current credit cards and her car keys - can't figure that one out. We're really hoping there's no danger of identity theft, but since I don't have the contents of my mom's house memorized (especially where she kept important documents, etc.) it's hard to know. Since the kitchen was in plain sight and ignored, we're hoping that means they were interrupted and didn't have much time to take things that are truly harmful (like her identity).

In any case, I'll keep you posted, and please add this whole bit of nastiness to you prayers. I won't be making it to the hospital today, as I'm going to try and sort out the whole break-in thing and then I'll be watching the boys so Mark and Monica can have a nice long stint with mom today. I'll let you know what news there is (if any) and I'll try to post about my day yesterday (which was actually very heartening to me).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne Marie and Family
We'll add this extra bit of nastiness to our list:( Please know you have been in our thoughts and prayers since Friday and will continue to be. Love, Paula and Dick Kahler

Emily said...

Hi Bellingham/Blog friend,

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your family. Thank you for your honesty. I think it's therapeutic to write about painful life stuff, don't you? It's newsworthy, sure, but seeing it in paragraph form makes it seem a teensy bit more palatable.

My Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers 3 years ago, at age 53. She's aged decades in the last 36 months. It's excrutiating to see the changes in her abilities and her health. My heart goes out to you with all your family is experiencing now. I'm glad to "hear" the hope in your voice but I know that there's moments of terror and fury, too. It's so much harder when something serious and somber and life changing is happening to a PARENT.

I'm right there with you. Hang in there.

Hugs,
Emily

Vicki said...

You, your mom, your family come to mind so many times during the day. I keep checking the blog for an update. It must be such a comfort to your mom to have you all there. Keeping you all in thought and prayer. Love, Vicki Sween

Brian Bowker said...

I am speechless. I'm sure you are feeling like there is no justice in the universe. This just makes my blood boil!

If nothing else, know that I am livid on your behalf. (And I be praying some livid prayers for you too!)

diana said...

Oh Anne Marie, yuck. I'm so sorry this happened. We are praying for you!

love,
D