Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mom Update 11/4

Well the weekend troll is back on duty at the nurse's reception desk (have you seen Monster's Inc? Just picture the receptionist from that movie...) and we have a male nurse today for the first time. Mom's continuing to look better each day and she's a little bit more alert. She's keeping her eyes open for longer amounts of time and looking around a bit. Unfortunately, she still doesn't seem to recognize anyone.

They haven't done a CT scan yet today, but they'll do one either later today or tomorrow. She continues to do well with her breathing tests (when they turn the machine off), but it will still likely be a few days before they extubate her (take the breathing tube out). In the mean time, she does have a little fluid in her lungs, so they'll be monitoring that, and she's had a bit of a fever, but it's coming down.

Mostly she's still drowsy and fidgety and likes to hold a hand (and squeeze!). Still no significant movement on the right side and though in general her puffiness is all gone, I can tell the right side remains a bit swollen.

Today I'm giving KJR a rest in her room and instead mom and I are going to be couch potatoes. We'll be watching movies and USA (our favorite channel!) all day. I meant to bring The Untouchables with me today, but forgot. I guess we'll have to save that one for tomorrow :)

Please especially be praying for our family as we're making our way through the denial stage and starting to encounter grief. I think we're each in need of comfort (though we may not know what that looks like...) Again, thank you to everyone who has just been loving on us - we need it!

5 comments:

jessdevivre said...

Continuing to pray for you, your mom, and your whole family. God can use anything for his glory, and I pray that we all see how. You are a good friend, daughter, sister, and example of faithfully seeking God in a hard time. Thank you for keeping us posted! We’ll keep praying!

Brian Bowker said...

I'm trying my best to love on you from afar. My prayers are with you!

The Norris Clan said...

AMC... I admire your strength and courage. What a blessing you are to those around you... Including the weekend troll ;-) prayers are showering you! Be blessed
my friend!

Teri Linders said...

Anne Marie and the whole family: I have been working too much and I just heard. I am praying as continuously as I can for miracles in whatever way God can show them to us. I am sending love and support your way. Thank you for keeping us informed. Teri Linders

Pixie Mom said...

We're keeping your Mom and the whole family in our thoughts and prayers down in Texas! We are on the ready should you need us!

Sara, Connor and Rhys