Friday, September 26, 2008

One Leg Down, Two to Go

Alright blog fans, I have officially begun my sojourn and there is no looking back.

The first leg of my trip has been 100% successful and I am currently holed away in the first class international lounge (thank you so much Dad!!) in Chicago, enjoying free perks ranging from coronas by the bottle to fresh cheesecake. In fact, this post is coming to you via free internet courtesy of United Airlines. Woo hoo! The first class really know how to travel in style; I have a feeling I'm going to come home a few pounds heavier...(but that is what all the walking is for, right?)

In any case, the next leg of the trip is the long one - going straight through to Munich. I'm going to attempt to resist the offers of free movies and catch some shut-eye. (The fact that I got about an hour of sleep last night should make that easier...but I'm just so easily distracted! There is really no guarantee.) After I arrive in Munich I'll wait out my last layover and then board my final plane of the day, to Rome. I'm scheduled to arrive at 4:30pm local time (which to all of you in the Pacific NW, that will be 7:30am Saturday morning). So while you are all cozy in your beddies, I'll still be wearing what I wore the day before and really ready to brush my teeth.

Despite the fact that I am sitting in an airport lounge right now, I still don't think the fullness of what I am doing has hit me (or my second free beer). I can already tell this trip is going to be chock-full of personal growth. I hope I'm ready for this...

Two hours and counting until my next boarding call. I'll be sure to check in and let you know when I've arrived in Rome!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear what happens when you land in Rome. Hope you cath some good shut eye on your long flight. I think I would have a hard time saying no to free movies too. :)

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome picture! How many did you take? Did you get the person serving you corona to take your picture too?

The Norris Clan said...

What a beautiful picture of you!! Oh, I am SOOO excited for you. Can't wait to hear how Rome is... hope you brush your teeth soon :-)

Anonymous said...

Great...i thought you might enjoy the perks of a 1st class traveler. Sending good energy for remainder of your trip and arrival in Rome. Luv u the best!

Brian Bowker said...

When I got to fly first class they served really good lamb. Make sure to wake up for the lamb.

The other thing I learned on that trip was that if they want to charge you $150 more to downgrade to coach so you can sit with your spouse, you should pay it. (I'll probably be paying for not doing that for the rest of my life...)

Anne Marie said...

Yay! Thanks for all your awesome comments peeps - you totally just made my day!! Keep 'em comin'!

Taylor: It took about 5 tries to get that pic, and I took it with photobooth on my mac...no assistance required ;)

Brian: Funny you should say that about the lamb, because as it turns out I DID have the lamb on the flight from Chicago to Munich and boy was it delicious!!