Sunday, September 21, 2008

Trip Update - T-Minus 5 Days (and Counting...)

Good news. In the kind of freak coincidence that couldn't have possibly be predicted, my RA from freshman year of college randomly contacted me out of the blue and we discovered that we are both headed for Italy on the exact same day. (Insert Joey from Blossom style Whoa! here.)

Obviously we will be meeting up soon after we land and spending the first couple of days together (praise the Lord for answered prayer!) in Roma. However, she is also traveling with another friend from college, so I'm not sure how long I will (get to) tag along with them; but I'm absolutely stoked that as I land on a different continent for the first time, I won't be completely alone. So far, this couldn't be going any better. (Didja see that sky today? Talk about blue.)

HOLY CRAP - I leave in less than one week. Eke! How is this happening!?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So exciting AM! Have an awesome trip. Excited to get updates and see some pics and to live somewhat vicariously through your blog. Safe travels!

Shan

Brian Bowker said...

Wow - Cool coincidence! That will be nice to at least have a first few days with someone familiar in the unfamiliar place. I think you're going to have such a good time!