Friday, October 3, 2008

Cinque Terre – To Sum Up

For the remainder of the day, I did a few walking tours in a couple different towns, I successfully ordered my lunch and a snack in Italian and took a nap. It was fantastic. (And for the record, it wasn’t until after my nap that I discovered my room had a view…)

And that has pretty much been how the last two days have been in Cinque Terre. I mosey about, I take a nap, I order some food in Italian. Perhaps I shop. I run into people I’ve met earlier in the week and share a meal*. It’s a nice thing to stay in a small town. I don’t know if this kind of familiarity will last into my days in Rome, but it has been such a fantastic way to start this adventure on my own two feet. I’ve decided tonight is my last night in Cinque Terre and truthfully, while I’m excited for what lies around the corner, I’m also sad to go. I’ve fallen in love with the Cinque Terre :)

Here are some pics of Cinque Terre - by each individual cittá. These are the cities from east to west (and simultaneously from south to north):


Riomaggiore















Manarola

















Corniglia

















Vernazza

Eke! Just discovered I don't have any pics of the city I'm staying in!! Will rectify ASAP - stay tuned for pics...




Monterossa













*Actually, there hasn't been a single person that I've met and had a significant conversation with that I haven't run into again later - including my Florida friends - again!

No comments: