Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Dogs are Barking

All I do here is walk and eat. Eat and walk. Walk some more. Sit. Then maybe eat again. And more walking. I know that's what sight-seeing basically is: walking, but sheesh! My feet are really getting the rough end of the deal here. I try to remind myself that walking is the best form of exercise, but it's starting to take a toll on my little guys.

So I have developed a strict habit of steeping my poor tootsies in hot water each night before I go to bed. Now, I know that a bidet is technically for cleaning your, ahem, "self," but it just so happens to work perfectly as a foot bath (and with the toilet only a foot away, it's the perfect place to cop a squat* and soak them bad boys) so I'm taking advantage.

Even with my nocturnal ritual, my feet are looking pretty shabby. I've got calluses and bleeding and stripped skin - this picture is from my second night in Italy (when I started my routine). They don't look near as good now. I'm really going to be looking forward to a quality pedicure by the time I come home.

*And no, I don't mean going #2. Just sitting on the toilet like a stool - I do have limits as to what I will share. :)

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Well, it would be a pretty good use of your time to go #2 and wash your feet simultaneously. I should know.

The Norris Clan said...

Brilliant! What a way to maximize the use of what's available to you!