Saturday, November 1, 2008

Beach Day

For our last day in CT, Philip and I decide it’s beach day. It's been a full few days and a little rest and relaxation sounds pretty good. We get into our suits and head to Monterosso (yes, again) because it’s the only city with an actual sand beach. Neither of us has a towel, so after we reconcile that small detail (i.e. purchase crappy beach towels) we lay out and soak up the vitamin D, baby.

Really, not much more to report other than that. Eventually we go back to Vernazza for lunch (wood fired pizza) and more sun (this time on huge, slab rocks - very sea lion-esque). We didn't even take a single picture today (I know, for shame!).

We decide that for our last meal in Cinque Terre, we want a second helping of the incredible lasagna al pesto we'd had a few nights before.

Unfortunately, after we climb the hundreds of steps to get there, we discover it is not open. That sucks. We settle for someplace else, but it’s not quite the same. Despite the several naps we took today and the crammed schedule of doing nothing, we are both exhausted. We try to reflect on the trip and share our perspectives on the last few days, but all we come up with is that Philip thinks it’s weird he met a friend on vacation; I think it’s weird I took a vacation from my vacation. But all in all – it’s been good. :)

Tomorrow morning Philip is off to Switzerland, back to L'Abri for more studying; I'll be making my way to the nearby Lucca. Just a skip away from Pisa, I hear it's a great city. Despite the fellowship of late, I'm looking forward to being back on the move.

No comments: