Sunday, November 9, 2008

From Cortona to Assisi

The next morning I turned into my keys and came down the hill to discover the entire valley had huge, white, fluffy clouds over it…but it was all below Cortona, so we had a bird’s eye view of the clouds. It was the most amazing sight; I was shocked by the beauty of it. I felt like it had snowed there was so much white and I could hardly squint at the brightness. Just when I think I’ve see all of God’s artwork, He goes and does something like this…wow.



My plan for the day pretty much included panna cotta and traveling to Assisi; and I was excited about that. After a pit stop for a cappuccino, I headed back to my restaurant, sat in the same place, and finally asked the same waitress: Which panna cotta is the best? Her favorite was caramel and since I hadn’t had that yet, it was a done deal. And I wasn’t disappointed in the least.

After I recovered from the bliss, I took a bus, a train, and another bus to Assisi (no walking this time). I made it by early evening and dropped off my stuff at the hostel before heading into town.

3 comments:

The Terps said...

That's a cool shot from above the clouds. Whenever I'm on an airplane, I always enjoy the view from above the clouds. I don't know what it is about looking down on clouds, but its almost comforting. Maybe it has something to do with an inner desire to be able to lay on top of them. They look soooooooo comfortable, don't they?

Holly said...

The cloud pic reminds me of the movie "A Walk in the Clouds" even though it's in Napa :) Terps, I always want to lay on top of the clouds too or bounce on them!

Do you think you could smuggle some of the panna cotta home for us to sample? If not, I'm adding that to our list of "must finds" when you get home.

Anne Marie said...

OH don't you worry: Abby's mom already looked up the ingredients so they can give it a test run.

Unfortunately it requires some kind of gelatenous sheet, so I'm on a mission to find it and smuggle it home...