Monday, November 3, 2008

Something a Little Different

I've had the opportunity to do a bit of reflection over the past few days, and I thought I'd take a minor detour from the usual posts and share some fun observations I've had about Italy thus far.

So that's what you'll find below.

Don't worry, the daily narratives will soon be back - I'm working on a few right now. I'm actually pretty far behind (in terms of real time) so my goal is to catch you up before the week is out (so I hope you're ready to read! Plus, the next one about Lucca is pretty good, so stay tuned).

But in the mean time, I hope you enjoy this small collection of reflections.

P.S. I'm hoping these will also suit as good fodder for comments; cultural differences seem to have that effect...

6 comments:

Cory Ferens said...

thanks for the reflections on italian life, really interesting (at least to me) to hear what you see of the cultural differences, makes you remember that the way we do it here is just a way, no the right way (necessarily). Reading your blog is like a vacation in my living room (while the kids run around crazy like!)

Andi said...

Ahh yes...another wonderful lunch date with myself, tomato soup, chips, dp and your blog! It's like our lunch dates used to be..but I am reading instead of listening. Thanks for sharing Poux...
Oh and I LOVE to hear your perspective of the "ways in Italy." It helps paint a picture of the day to day. So as I read your adventures, I can combine the two and be more accurate as I visualize my bf roaming the streets in Italy! Love you!

Anonymous said...

AnneMarie!
Finally! I've been meaning to log on to your blog, sorry it's taken me so long! I am glad to hear you did the hikes in Cinque Terre, Billy and I thought it was awesome, the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. We swan in the cool water. Did you see all the cats in Vernazza? Wierd?!
Ciao for now,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

So when are you heading to Rome?

The Norris Clan said...

I have loved catching up on you... I read the CT posts like a good novel... couldn't wait to see what happened next. I am so glad you are enjoying your time!

Anne Marie said...

I'm hitting up the some of the hill towns this week (tuscany!) and will be in Rome next week...