Thursday, November 20, 2008

There Was a Time…

Anyone know what that quote is from?? I’ll give you a minute; it’s one of my favorite movies.

(Waiting...waiting....patiently waiting.)

Do you know it yet? How about if I say, Kansas City Shuffle. Or Bruce Willis. Do you know it now? (If you don’t, you’re not going to get it.)

It’s from Lucky Number Slevin. Why do I bring that up? Because last night, as I was getting ready for bed, my brain solved a problem I had no idea it was working on.

You know that scene when Bruce Willis says, “There was a time…” to the guy in the train station and explains the entire concept of the Kansas City Shuffle? The guy he is telling the story to (and then kills right after) is "Dennis" from Catch and Release with Jennifer Garner (the friend who is in love with her but she isn't into).

I suddenly realized the connection (with no preamble or warning ) and was so excited I had to tell someone. And that someone is you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing how your charm and good looks gets you free wine! Uncle Paul would be proud....

Travel safe...especially Napoli :)

Love you... Dad

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. What did you solve excatly, the connection between the actors?

Can't wait to see you in a couple of days!

Anne Marie said...

Two parts: same actor.