Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mud Bath

I had a new excellent dessert I wanted to tell you about. And I probably won’t ever have it again. I’m pretty sure it was a regional, nay even local specialty (perhaps even down to the restaurant).

Imagine a small rectangular dish/bowl (kind of like a tiny bathtub) and put a small pear in it. Now fill that bathtub with the same thick, rolling chocolate I described on the panna cotta until you can no longer see the pear – just a vague, bump-of-an-outline of the pear. Now imagine it’s über-fresh-out-of-the-oven-hot. Sounds pretty good, eh?

Well it was FAN-FRICKIN-TASTIC! When I went to cut a piece of the pear away with my spoon, it nearly fell off the core of its own accord, in the manner of perfectly done, cooked-all-day-on-low-heat ribs; it just fell off the bone. A-mazing!

No comments: